Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just begin already.

Since my return from my Napa wedding in August, I have been continually telling myself that I was going to start a series of blogs here at Blogger and make a valiant effort to apply myself to consistently publishing material on each. Well, after more than a month of procrastination and consternation, I am beginning officially today. I was hesitant at first to start without a well thought out piece, but given the probability (or lack thereof) of me producing a solid piece of written work before next year, I thought it best to get the show on the road -- or net. A more detailed introduction to each of the am Donkey blogs will be published over the next week, but the general idea behind each is:

Donkey Behind the Times - The plan here is for me to read a Freidman, Krugman, and possibly one other op-ed piece each week. I will then try to write my thoughts on each, hopefully adding another perspective and some extension from the editorial.

Cards Donkey - Poker and Sports. Focusing on the St. Louis Cardinals, NFL football, and NCAA basketball and football.

Critical Donkey - I plan to offer up less than great reviews of film, books, and music... We will see how long I can keep up with my current reading list. On the block for sure are Hitchens, Obama, and Freidman.

And the home ship am Donkey will focus on whatever else is out there. Mostly politics I'm sure.

2 comments:

Ken Graber said...

Hot dog.

Now I need to make some posts of my own...

AM Donkey said...

Ken ---

We in the Badger state prefer: Brat! or Weiner!

Happy early b-day. Send me an email or something, we need to keep in touch. My first name. my last name @ gmail.com