Friday, February 15, 2008

A Tip of the Cap...

To all those amateurs in the blogosphere who keep up with their posting while having lots of other priorities on their living agenda. Keeping up the motivation to blog on a regular basis is proving much more difficult than I envisioned. Of course, the weather and being under it have not helped matters for me. Nor has primary fatigue been as easy to deal with as in the past, but then again I don't know if we have ever seen a campaign quite like this before.

In order to break this frozen monotony of February, I've just booked a trip to Florida in March. I know that for those of you familiar with my overall disdain for the Sunshine state this may come as a suprise, but one of my goals has always been to attend Cardinal spring training and I thought I might as well check one of the hundreds of things of of my life list in 2008. So away the wife and I will go to sunny West Palm Beach / Jupiter. Which, to highlight some of my problems with Florida, really doesn't have many beaches and is one of the tweny most dangerous cities in America. Oh well, I've always liked going to St. Louis and it isn't exactly the safest of places.

On the blog front, the Executive Committee of the Donkey Directorate are meeting this weekend (me and a glass of whiskey) to discuss organizational changes and how to best allocate resources amongst the four blogs. It is likely that Critical Donkey will continue to run as a below the radar and seldom updated component, but Behind the Times and CardsDonkey are on the verge of being made officially defunct. The Behind the Times blog has been undercut by Friedman's book leave and Krugman's incessant columns on why Hillary is so much better than Obama. The Billy Kristol addition to the Op-Ed staff has also hurt my sensibilities. CardsDonkey, never really took off and I think most of it's posts could be put here without significant problems. The other reality is that I don't follow sports as well as I did when I was twelve. Wow, what I would have done with the Internet then...

1 comment:

Ken Graber said...

Ahhhh! I need my Donkey fix to keep me going!