Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lazy Locavores....

For all of my (somewhat many) lazy friends, there is a new option in eating local, which involves little, if any, sweat equity. I have to admit this seems a bit strange to me, but I do love the actual process of doing the sourcing / shopping for my food. I do however recognize that a little glamour in the local food movement might actually help in moving more people to a local diet. Of course and equally plausible result of this lazy food snobbery may be that the average Jane and Joe Sixpack family view the eating local movement as another strange action of the effete snobs on the hill.

Additional market note --- The Hill Farms Farmer's Market on Saturday morning features some of the best milk you can find from Blue Marble Farms. Currently they are running a special on skim milk (as it is a by product of cream production) for only $2 per half gallon. I believe that is a rate that is quite price point competitive with the non-local non-organic skim you would find in the grocery store.

No comments: