Friday, July 11, 2008

Wiffleball... Against the Law???

This article in yesterday's NYT seems to show that it is a legal issue in Greenwich, CT. My good friend Ken scooped me on blogging about this, but it bears additional coverage. This type of ingeniuity and cooperation is to be commended, not litigated. I don't buy that there isn't a compromise to address the "noise" concerns one of the neighbors is making.

The local paper in Greenwich has it right.

“BACK before we lost our collective minds and began shrieking with horror at the thought of kids having fun on their own (as in not part of an official league or otherwise organized activity), they used to do things like find a vacant field, turn it into a makeshift diamond and spend glorious hours in the summer sun,” the local newspaper, Greenwich Time, wrote in an editorial in support of the youths on Wednesday.
I just wish I could get Ken to meet me in Greenwich, so I could strike him out on three straight sliders...

1 comment:

Ken Graber said...

You probably wouldn't need to bother with the slider, or even three pitches...