Thursday, June 12, 2008

Anyone looking for a political campaign job???

If so, you may wish to contact Greg Goode, who is the GOP candidate for Indiana's eighth district House seat this fall. I admittedly have no direct information that he is hiring staff, but if you peruse his website you will surely note the need for both a staff writer and a political mind. To wit,

From the main page:
"I believe that our Congress can and must do a better job in guiding our country in a way to which President Reagan referred as the "shining city on a hill."
I really don't understand this sentence. No seriously, I mean I really don't.

From the about Greg page:
"Greg Goode is a Christian first, then an American, then a conservative, and then a Republican--in that order."
-- What about a Hoosier? I think he is secretively supporting the agenda of the Illinoisans across the Wabash. I do find the "in that order" qualifier to be quite fun, just in case someone couldn't follow the standard logic of language usage of the word then. Good job Goode!

Also from the about Greg page:
Greg Goode is running for Congress not just to oppose the liberal policies and votes of Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and the incumbant 8th District Representative, he is running for "A New Covenant for the Conservative Cause," based on balancing the Federal budget, lowering taxes, protecting the jobs of our heartland from being given to China, defending our heritage and values, protecting our homeland from illegal aliens, supporting our men and women in uniform, and fighting for I-69 and other transportation priorities.

Greg Goode will restore a rock-solid, reliable, conservative voice in the US Congress!
A new covenant for the conservative cause? What does that mean?

And from the "On the Issues" page, regarding Constituent Services:
He would not hire liberals who previously worked for Barack Obama and are from outside our great state. He understands that a Congressional staff should be made up of dedicated people WHO ARE FROM INDIANA and appreciate our heritage and values!
I really don't have a problem with the idea of hiring staff from within the district, but how much veiled racism can one cram onto a single campaign site? There are many other examples of Goode invoking the name of the devil, I mean Barack Obama on the website and we all know the deal, scare'm with talk of the potential black president. Another side of this approach is that Goode is obviously not concerned with getting the best candidates to assist his constituents with their governmental issues and concerns, but rather to ensure that his office is a bastion of conservatism -- no matter if you can't get your passport. Maybe this is part of that aforementioned "new covenant for the conservative cause," which I have to admit I haven't seen (if it is a document?).

An aside on the italicized incumbant above -- Do you think if Goode were to win, he would learn how to spell incumbent correctly? My guess is no, but maybe this is just another example of how the bureaucrats got involved in his education and led him astray in spelling. If that is the case, however, I would bet that Dan Quayle was involved in getting them their jobbes.

1 comment:

Ken Graber said...

This is awesome...

Uh I mean, I think my services are required!