Friday, May 2, 2008

Cubs vs. Cardinals

Tonight, the Cubbies head into St. Louis to face the Redbirds. St. Louis has a half game lead and looks to extend it by another with Wainwright, the current ace of the staff, faces Hill. Pujols has reached base in every game this season, which puts him at 29, or about fifty games from the record... which is held by Ted Williams, I believe. This also reminds me of how insane the Joe D. 56 game streak really is.

Of particular note to those superstitious baseball folks is that the Cardinals set a new franchise record with 18 wins in April. The AM Donkey also set a franchise blog record with 36 posts in the month of April. Ergo, I must now make two posts for every game played by the Redbirds to ensure that they stay undefeated for May. I love me some baseball superstitions, speaking of which what ever happened to Turk Wendell?

3 comments:

Ken Graber said...

It can't be coincidence that Turk Wendell and Rube Waddell have the same number of letters in their name.

AM Donkey said...

I believe you are right... I think I heard that Turk chased a fire truck or two back in the day...

AM Donkey said...

So the Cards took 2 of 3 from the Cubbies, which leaves us with a game and a half lead through 32. So, one-fifth of the way through we are 8 games over five hundred... woot!