Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today's sign that the apocalpyse is upon us...

So, I stole one of my favorite themes of the old Sports Illustrated (or maybe they still have it, I wouldn't know as I stopped reading it in 8th grade). But, really what else could be a better title for the fact that Dunkin Donuts has pulled ads featuring Rachel Ray because right-wing blogger Michelle Malkin wrote that it looked like a kaffiyeh. Which, in Malkin's words is
''The kaffiyeh, for the clueless, is the traditional scarf of Arab men that has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad,''

I really don't know if I am more confounded by Malkin's ability to significantly overreact to an artical of clothing, or if the fact that Dunkin' Donuts responded. I guess this could be used to extrapolate the political leanings of the DD crowd? Who knows, I'm just glad I didn't buy that white and black scarf this past winter...

No comments: