Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday afternoon media center...

Did you ever wonder if twins separated at birth could end up married to each other? Apparently they can in England, but unfortunately the article doesn't offer the detail and pertinent subject interviews one would expect from the title.

For all of my completely unreformed communist friends, a bit of bad news on thebusiness front, which you may have missed. This of course is being followed by campaigns going into "It's the economy stupid" overdrive.

In the International department, we have Kenya on the verge of meltdown. Let's hope Kofi can cool this situation down. But with three days of planned protests, Kibaki and his police force are promising a crackdown on these "illegal meetings." I guess Kenya couldn't tolerate the idea that Pakistan was taking all of the international unrest headlines.

In the cheese state, we are concentrating on the big Packers game tomorrow and the possibility/debate as to whether Brett will be back next year.

From the Hitchens Web an interesting interview final copy from black republican. Though I'm not sure I picked up this conflict from Hitchens in October...

and finally, yet another story in the main stream media about a woman teacher having sexual relations with a male student. I admittedly have no data in front of me, but doesn't it seem like we hear about the women teachers doing this much more than the men who do? I'm not sure if this is sexism, sensationalism, or whatever (jealousy by middle aged newsmen?) -- but I'm just not convinced that the rates of incidence are even close between male and female teachers committing sexual assualts on students... I should probably look into this before spouting off --- but hey it's Friday and I think this is just plain ridiculous. (maybe not as much so as the TO CATCH A PREDATOR Dateline specials).

Have a good weekend.

No comments: