Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday is election day...

Isn't this a novel concept?

I'm going with Obama in an upset of Clinton in Nevada by a point. I am actually quite interested to see the results of who turns out in this one, as I'm relying here mainly on union power pulling through for Obama. Of course the more well organized (politically) Teacher's Union may keep this in the Clinton camp.

Romney should win Nevada on the GOP side, but like Wyoming, nobody really cares.

The South Carolina Repub primary could be the most interesting, I'm going with Huckabee 33, McCain 31, Romney 15, Thompson 12, Paul 5, Rudy 4.

Happy voting!!!

3 comments:

B.Q. Political Report said...

Pretty close to the mark on SC. I have to admit that I was kind of hedging, thinking the Republicans would ever so slightly tilt to McCain. The evangelicals just didn't come through the way Huckster needed them.

AM Donkey said...

I have to admit that I was stretching a bit in Nevada for the Dems --- but I was suprised by the Latino support for Clinton.

South Carolina was less of a suprise, and I believe BQ is correct in pointing out that the evangelicals didn't come through for Huck. Additionally, I am amazed as at the support for Thompson. I just can't fathom how he got more than 15% of the vote.

B.Q. Political Report said...

Thompson appeals to a very certain type of Republican. I can't really explain it, but I know them when I see them.