Tuesday, October 7, 2008

But Reagan said...

Krugman's post shows the complete lack of forethought of the Republican campaign in just throwing out Reagan quotes left and right (or mostly right, I guess). I really wonder if the GOP thinks a Reagan quote, any Reagan quote, is golden. Reagan undoubtedly had a big influence on America, and our government, but I'm wondering if the right isn't clutching to the last big thing because they can't seem to grasp the current situation and don't have a new big thing. I may be proven wrong, but I believe we are going through an inflection point election cycle, whereby core groups of citizens either change allegiance or establish one for the first time. Of course, voters in today's America are much more fickle than in the past, so even if it appears a sea change is coming, the left could still completely screw the pooch and give it away in 4-8 years.

No comments: