Monday, October 13, 2008

North Dakota...

North Dakota is now being considered by some to be a toss up. This is incrediably bad news for McCain, as Bush topped Kerry in ND by nearly a two to one margin. This election may end up being closer than I think, but I'm thinking Obama may pull over 350 ev's. Given that as a possible target, without a huge sea change, I don't see McCain doing more than making this interesting.

I need to start reviewing the Senate, as it has been estimated that after the election the Dems will hold around 57-59 seats (including the independent and the Joe party with the Dems). I'm wondering if a couple of the lean GOP races might be tiltable. If the Dems end up with a filibuster proof majority, clear control of the House and the Presidency... they better bring the governance. I know, I know, not sexy, but very necessary.

No comments: