Sunday, April 27, 2008

NFL Draft weekend

I had been fairly successful in avoiding draft coverage, until the Packer traded their first round pick (#30 overall) down to a second round pick (#36 overall) yesterday. This has been stirring up a fervor amongst many Packer fans, and I have to say it scares me that people get this worked up over a draft pick. I love me some football, but come on -- who knows what will become of a 30th, 36th, or 132nd pick. I guess the zany football fans are to dense to realize that in baseball games are being played, and those actually do matter.

Speaking of baseball, my Cards are haning in there with a very hot Cubbie team. The
Brew Crew is staying close as well. I am hoping the Cards can continue to get solid starting pitching and the timely hitting, but I'm not exactly overconfident. In other news, the Reds suck. How about that Mr. Gravy Train?

No comments: