Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring has sprung...

Other than baseball, my favorite thing about spring is the thoughts of a wonderful garden. Given my limited amount of personal outdoor space on the condo grounds we are going to go through a CSA to augment our weekly trips to the Dane County Farmer's Market this year. We have choosen to use Green Spirit Farm in Dodgeville as our CSA this year. Our choice was primarily based on their reputation for some very good berries. I hope to be able to get back to my roots (pun intended), and plant some semblance of a mini-garden this year as well. I'm thinking some hearty tomatoes should be fun.

An interesting food and gardening article appeared in today's NYT, which may interest my fellow fans of food. With the price of transport so high, are we headed for a return of victory gardens?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you have chosen Greenspirit Farm as your CSA. Cheers